What do you do when you are feeling sad, lonely, hurt or upset? There are many life events that make us stuck in the same emotional state that can go on for days, weeks or even longer.
Talking to a friend helps, but I think it’s not a good idea to simply dump your stuff on a friend. What else? Don’t you wish for a magic wand to make it all go away? Believe it or not we all have that magic wand we just don’t remember how to access it or we may be feeling so upset that we need someone to remind us that we have the power to release them and find that feeling of joy, love and gratitude again.
These are 2 of my go to techniques that have almost never failed me to make me feel lighter and grounded so I can move on with my life. You can do either one or both of the techniques to release the emotional pain.
Write down all negative thoughts and emotions on a piece of paper and either tear it off, shred it or burn it with the intention of releasing the negative thoughts and emotions. Writing itself will take majority of burden off your chest but physical act of destroying the paper will give you more satisfaction and closure.
Healing Visualization: you can follow along the video here or do it on your own using the following steps
- Close your eyes.
- Connect with the earth through soles of your feet. Imagine you are a big tree and growing roots of light through soles of your feet, that’s going deep down into the earth.
- Imagine a beautiful clear sky. Sun is shining and sending soft and gentle pink rays of light that’s entering through top of your head and going to your Heart Center.
- Focus on your Heart Center and breathe slowly. Breathe in and breathe out.
- Now imagine a white board in front of you; and write down all the hurtful emotions you are feeling.
- Now take an eraser, which is made of bright, white light; and wipe the white board clean.
- Now bring your awareness back to your Heart Center and breathe.
- Repeat the words “love” and “gratitude” while focusing on your Heart and continue breathing slowly.
- Let these beautiful feelings spread through your whole body.
- When you are ready, you can open your eyes.