Summer vegetables can be combined to create fun dishes! Try this quick and yummy curried eggplant over zucchini noodles…
You will need a large eggplant, onion, tomatoes, ginger, garlic, some herbs and spices.
Start with sautéing onions for 5 minutes
Add minced ginger and garlic, cook for a couple of minutes
Add spices and salt (you can also add herbs at this point for more flavor)
Cook for couple of more minutes until you smell aroma of spices (and herbs)
Add tomatoes and cook for 4-5 minutes
Add herbs and eggplant when tomatoes are almost done. For more flavor, add herbs first and cook for 2-3 minutes then add eggplant. You can also add herbs with spices before adding tomatoes.
Stir to coat the sauce well. Cook for 10 minutes or until eggplant are almost done.
Started to look yummy already and smelling delicious.
Add bell peppers after eggplants are almost done and cook for another 3-5 minutes.
Curried eggplant is ready
Spiralize zucchini, mix them well with olive oil, garlic and black pepper
Spoon curried eggplant over zucchini noodles. Yum!
Curried Eggplant over Zucchini Noodles
Servings: 4 Prep time: 10 minutes Cook time: 30 minutes
For Curried Eggplant:
4 Tbsp coconut oil
1 medium size onion, chopped
2-3 medium size tomatoes, chopped
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 inch piece ginger, minced
1 large eggplant, washed and chopped into 1/2 inch pieces
1 bell pepper (green, red or orange any color you have on hand), chopped
Herbs and spices for the eggplant:
1/2 – 3/4 cup chopped fresh parsley and basil (or 1 tsp dried herbs)
1 tsp turmeric
2 tsp ground coriander (click here for the coriander recipe)
1 tsp ground cumin (click here for the cumin recipe)
1 tsp garam masala (click here for the garam masala recipe)
1 tsp salt
For Zucchini Noodles
4 zucchini, spiralized into noodles using a spiralizer
4 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
1. Heat coconut oil and sauté chopped onions for 5 minutes.
2. Add minced ginger and garlic and cook for 2-3 minutes.
3. Add herbs, spices and salt, stir and cook for couple of more minutes until you smell the aroma of herbs and spices.
4. Add chopped tomatoes and cook for 5 minutes or until tomatoes are done.
5. Add chopped eggplant, stir to coat the sauce well. Cover and cook them for 10 minutes until almost done. Stir them every 5 minutes or so.
6. Add chopped bell pepper and cook for another 3-5 minutes. Curried eggplant is ready!
7. While eggplant is cooking, spiralize zucchini into noodles, using a spiralizer. Mix well with olive oil, minced garlic and black pepper. Divide them into 4 plates.
8. Spoon curried eggplant over zucchini and serve.
This is a delicious and light but satisfying dish. You can use any other combination of vegetables of your choice – cauliflower, broccoli, carrots, zucchini, bell peppers, green beans, okra, leafy greens. The sauce made with onions, tomatoes, garlic and herbs itself is great on the noodles. Adding vegetable or combination of vegetables makes it more nutritious and filling.