If you love pesto and love pizza and love eating healthy… you will love this quick and yummy pesto pizza!
I made fresh pesto yesterday using Alissa Segersten’s recipe. You must try her pesto as well as other nutritious recipes. The pesto is dairy-free, nut-free and grain-free. Check out Alissa’s pesto recipe here.
I used the pesto with cucumber noodles for dinner last night as per Alissa’s recipe and also made broccoli with a dairy-free creamy sauce (that recipe next time). My dinner was ready in 20 minutes!!!
I already had pesto ready in my fridge… so back to Pesto Pizza 🙂
I used black chick pea flour tortilla as pizza crust. Actually I made it more in Indian style chapati like this. Here is my Healthy Pizza Crust recipe.
Nice and generous layer of pesto sprinkled with red pepper.
Topped with onions and tomatoes.
I stuck it into my toaster oven for 12 minutes, added my favorite avocado sprinkled with organic turmeric and voila!
Quick and Yummy Pesto Pizza
Your favorite pizza crust or tortilla. Here is my Healthy Pizza Crust recipe.
Pesto – you can make it at home or use store bought
some chopped veggies (I used onions, tomatoes and avocado)
Herbs and spices of your choice (I used red pepper powder and turmeric)
1. Pre-heat your oven or toaster oven to 400 degrees.
2. Apply generous amount of pesto over tortilla or any pizza crust you are using.
3. Sprinkle with your favorite herbs and spices, I used red pepper powder. I like it spicy 🙂
4. Add your chopped veggies.
5. Stick it into oven and bake for 10-12 minutes or until your crust is slightly browned.
6. Take out from oven, add avocado slices and cut into wedges.
I would love to hear about your favorite way of using pesto. Please share in the comment section below.