Cauliflower and potatoes are favorites in our home. So many ways to prepare them – cook, steam or roast them. They both taste great into soups or stews as well. Try this simple and easy recipe.
I used cauliflower, red potatoes, red onions and garlic in this one. You can use any other root vegetables along with potatoes and cauliflower, substitute with your favorite spices and herbs. Even people who don’t like cauliflower love this recipe!
While oven is preheating, prep vegetables. Try to cut them into same size for even roasting. Mix all herbs, salt, spices, olive oil and balsamic vinegar and pour over prepared vegetables.
Stir vegetables to coat well with the seasoning.
Spread prepared vegetables on a baking sheet in a single layer and bake at 425F.
Stir them halfway through. Fork test after 35-40 minutes.
Look at the golden-brown color. Yum!
Easy Roasted Cauliflower and Potatoes
SERVES: 4 PREP TIME: 10-15 minutes BAKE TIME: 35-40 minutes
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into pieces
- 3 medium large red potatoes, scrubbed, washed and chopped
- 1 medium large red onion, peeled and quartered
- 8-10 cloves of garlic, peeled and whole
- ¼ cup olive oil or coconut oil
- 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp red pepper flakes or smoked paprika
- ½ tsp red pepper powder (optional)
- ½ tsp rosemary
- ½ tsp thyme
- Preheat oven at 425 F.
- Prep vegetables; make sure to cut them into same size for even roasting.
- Mix olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt, red pepper (flakes and powder if using), rosemary and thyme together and pour over prepared vegetables in a large bowl. Stir them to coat well.
- Spread vegetables on a rimmed baking sheet in a single layer and roast for 35-40 minutes, stirring half way through.
What vegetables you like to roast? What spices do you use? I would love to hear from you! Please comment below.