Valentines Day! Everyone is talking about chocolate!!! How about treating yourself and your sweetheart with some flourless guilt-free fudge brownies loaded with super foods?
I got the inspiration from a recipe on onegreenplanet.org so it’s not my own original recipe. This is a good website for vegan recipes, check it out.
The recipe is quick and easy, just mix all ingredients and either pour into an 8×8 pan or a brownie pan like this.
Fresh from the oven…
Flourless Guilt-free Fudge Brownies
SERVES: 4-6 PREP TIME: 10 minutes BAKE TIME: 18-20 minutes
- 1 15-oz can or 1-½ cups cooked adzuki beans, drained
- 2 Tbsp raw cacao powder (you can add a little more if you like)
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup (+ some extra to grease the pan) coconut oil, melted
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup (+ some extra for topping) dark chocolate chips
- 1 Tbsp goji berries, soaked in filtered water for 10 minutes and drained
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Soak goji berries in filtered water and set aside.
- Grease an 8×8-inch pan with coconut oil.
- Put rolled oats in a food processor and pulse to make into a fine powder.
- Add rest of the ingredients except chocolate chips and goji berries and blend until smooth. If the mixture is too thick add water 1 Tbsp at a time and blend to get a smooth texture. You won’t need too much water, so be careful not to add too much.
- Stir in chocolate chips in the mixture.
- Pour mixture into the prepared pan, use a spatula to spread it even.
- Sprinkle with some extra chocolate chips and soaked, drained goji berries.
- Bake for 18 – 20 minutes.
- Let it cool before cutting into pieces. Enjoy!
- If you are using home cooked adzuki beans then soak a cup of beans in 4 cups of water overnight. Drain and replace with 4 cups of fresh water. Bring it to a boil, and then simmer for about an hour. You can also cook them in a pressure cooker or a crock-pot. 1 cup of dry adzuki beans will yield 3 cups of cooked beans.
- You can replace adzuki beans with black beans.