While we love to eat French fries we all know they are not really healthy for us. Not only they have carbs but also artery clogging trans fats. Does that mean we can’t enjoy them once in a while? Sure we can!
How about having a healthy alternative?
PREP TIME: 15 minutes BAKE TIME: 30 – 35 minutes
- 2 medium sized firm and smooth sweet potatoes
- 2 tsp organic corn starch
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil or coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Spices: 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper or paprika and 1/4 tsp ground cumin (optional)
- Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Wash and peel sweet potatoes.
- Cut them into fry shaped pieces. Try to cut them in equal size for even baking.
- Sprinkle with corn starch and toss them to coat evenly.
- Add olive or coconut oil and toss again.
- Season with salt and spices if using. Mix them well.
- Pour the prepared sweet potatoes into a non-stick baking sheet and arrange them in a single layer. Don’t over-crowd them.
- Bake for 15 minutes and flip them, and bake another 15-20 minutes or until they are done and turn crispy.