A quick dish for the beginning of spring! Winter is almost gone and now is the time to reduce fats and proteins, and start going for more raw vegetables and salads.
SERVES: 4 PREP TIME: 10 minutes
- 1/2 head cabbage, finely shredded
- 1/2 pomegranate, peeled and seeds separated
- 1 navel orange, peeled and sectioned
- 2 carrots, grated
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 1 tablespoon lime juice, freshly squeezed
- Sea salt and pepper, to taste
- Mix cabbage, pomegranate, orange, carrot and cilantro in a large bowl.
- Add lime juice, salt and pepper. Stir to mix well.
- Refrigerate for an hour.
- This dish can be made a day ahead of time.
Variations: This is a versatile recipe. You can use any combination of vegetables like purple cabbage, cucumbers, onion, beets and jicama. If you like to make the dressing a little spicier try using olive oil and minced garlic or ginger along with some fresh lime juice.
[…] Cabbage Pomegranate Slaw […]